Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Clippings: Welcome to Eairth by stylebible.ph

Melissa Dizon:

“It started from a road trip with my aunt and uncle searching for Filipino waves. It took us from Manila to the farthest north in Pagudpod and back down through Ilocos, combined with that pellucid morning when I ran into the Mangyan village in Mindoro. I came across a tribal girl in a destroyed ACDC tee shirt atop a Mangyan peasant skirt and a bolo strung on a cord around a tiny waist. It changed the course of my life and I decided then that there was something beautiful and pure about the most primal when it is effortlessly mixed with the hyper future. I decided then with the help of my aunt and uncle to embark on a journey to integrate our rich primitive resources with the abstract modernity we know.”

Posted on http://www.stylebible.ph/article.php?id=391